Waterford enjoys a popular theatrical scene and has some cultural festivals throughout the year, including Waterford Light Opera Festival.
Leisure pursuits include golf, horse racing, greyhound racing, horse riding and fishing, and visiting seaside resorts such as Tramore and Dunmore East.
Other sightseeing opportunities include Lismore Heritage Centre, Cappoquin House and Gardens, and no trip to Waterford would be complete without a visit to the famous Waterford Crystal Factory.
Located in the centre of Waterford on Bridge Street, the Fitzwilton Hotel is only a 15 minute drive from Waterford Airport.
Directions from Waterford Airport:
- At the T-junction turn left onto the R708 (signposted Waterford).
- Continue onto the R708, entering Waterford.
- At the roundabout take the 2nd exit onto Ballytruckle Green, 708 (signposted City Centre).
- Turn left onto Johnstown (R860).
- At the traffic lights turn right onto Parnell Street (N25).
- Turn left onto Merchants Quay, proceed to end of the road and turn left.
- The Fitzwilton is situated on Bridge Street.
Directions from Dublin:
- Take the M9 motorway; at the end of this motorway continue forward onto the N9.
- Pass through Castledermot, Carlow, Leighlinbridge, Paulstown, Gowran, Dungarvan, Thomastown, Ballyhale and Mullinavat until you reach Waterford.
- Upon entering Waterford, take Rice Bridge.
- Cross the bridge and the Fitzwilton Hotel is situated on Bridge Street on your right.
Directions from Limerick:
- Take the N24 and pass through Passgreen, Oola, Monard, Limerick junction, Tipperary, Bansha, Cahir, Clonmel, Kilsheelan and Carrick-on-Suir until you reach Mooncoin.
- In Mooncoin, bear right at the mini roundabout onto the N9.
- Upon entering Waterford, cross Rice Bridge and the hotel is situated on Bridge Street
Directions from Cork Airport:
- Take the N27 to Cork.
- At Kinsale Road roundabout take the N25 through Middleton, Castlemartyrn, Killeagh, Dungarvan and Lemybrien until you reach Waterford.
- Upon entering Waterford, continue forward onto Cork Street.
- At the traffic signals continue forward onto Manor Street.
- At the traffic signals, continue forward onto Parnell Street.
- Turn left onto Merchants Quay and proceed to end of the street and turn left.
- The hotel is situated on Bridge Street.