Gretna, probably the most famous wedding venue in Europe, is less than 20 minutes away, and Cross Keys Hotel Canonbie has, for decades, been a favourite base for newly weds and their families.
Canonbie is an ideal location from which to explore the beautiful and scenic areas which the borders boast to offer. There is wealth of things to see and do, such as stately homes and places of interest as well as the characterful Border towns, world famous for their woollen products and tweeds.
Canonbie is also the ideal starting point for walkers as there are many local rambles around the Esk Valley and spectacular walks through the Estate Forests. There are several picturesque golf courses within a 20-mile radius of Canonbie ,such as Lockerbie, Carlisle, Dumfries, Lochmaben, Powfoot, Langholm and Moffat.
Whether it’s exploring the Scottish Borders or the nearby Lake District or just taking a relaxing fishing break in Scotland, The Cross Keys Hotel Canonbie is ideally located as your home away from home.
From the South:
- From the M6 take junction 44 onto the A7 towards Hawick.
- Drive through Longtown and continue on the A7.
- Just after the 'Welcome to Scotland' sign you will find a right turning to Canonbie.
- Take this and drive into Canonbie.
- Cross Keys Hotel is on the left-hand side of the road when you get into the village.
From the A 74:
- Leave the A74 (M) at junction 21 and turn east onto the B6357 which is signposted to Canonbie.
- Follow this road until it reaches the A7.
- Cross the A7 into Canonbie.
- Follow the road into Canonbie and when you reach the t-junction the hotel in on the right.