There is a public footpath which leads from the hotel grounds along 500 metres to the 2.4 km golden sandy beaches at Dawlish Warren. By following the footpath in the other direction for approximately 1.6 km (one mile), you will reach the town of Dawlish with its famous black swans and picturesque lawn.
The internationally acclaimed Warren Nature Reserve is situated at Dawlish Warren and is a favourite location with ornithologists due to the vast numbers of migrant waders.
The 18-hole Warren Golf Course is also situated here.
Powderham castle is located about 5.6 km (3.5 miles) away towards Exeter, which itself is around 16 km (10 miles) north of the hotel. Torquay, Paignton, Brixham and Dartmoor are all just a short drive from the hotel.
From London and the north:
- Take the the M5.
- Exit at junction 30.
- Follow signs for Dawlish onto the A379.
- Continue for about 8 miles through Kenton and Starcross.
- Then, turn left by the small harbour, half a mile after the village of Starcross.
- Continue along this road for about a mile to Dawlish Warren.
- Once you are in Dawlish Warren, the road turns right, up a hill, the Langstone Cliff Hotel is about 100 metres further along on your left.
- Continue to the end of the M5.
- Take the A380 for Torbay.
- Take the left turn for Starcross on the B3381.
From Plymouth and the south west:
- Take the A38.
- Exit at the junction for Exeter Racecourse.
- Follow the signs from here to the A380, approximately half a mile.
- At the junction with the A380, cross the A380 at the top of Telegraph Hill and take the road adjacent to the cafe.
- Follow this road for about a mile to the junction where it joins the B3381, turn left down the hill and follow the road to its end at Starcross.
- Turn left and follow the road for about 300 metres to find the harbour mentioned above.
Book to Dawlish, South Devon. The station is only 2 miles from the hotel, and either take a taxi or let the hotel know when you plan to arrive and they will be pleased to collect you.