Llanerchindda Farm Guest House is situated just outside Cynghordy village, 7 miles from the town of Llandovery.
For those looking to explore slightly further afield:
Carreg Cennen Castle (23 miles/37 km) - These ancient, weather-beaten ruins crown a precipitous limestone crag overlooking the remote Black Mountain.
National Botanic Garden of Wales (28 miles/45 km) - situated near Llanarthne in the Towy Valley, this research facility and visitor attraction houses plants from several Mediterranean regions and boasts what is said to be the world's largest single-span glasshouse.
National Show Caves of Wales (30 miles/48 km) - A 10 mile (16 km) long cave system in South Wales, claimed to be the largest in Europe. Amongst the site's other attractions are a dinosaur park, iron age village, shire horse centre and museum.
The hotel is located 7 miles north of the town of Llandovery and just 3 miles from the main A483 which runs through the heart of Wales.
From the south:
- Take the A483 from Llandovery (to Builth Wells).
- After 5 miles enter the village of Cynghordy.
- Take the 1st left by the phone box.
- - After half a mile take the 1st right past a bus shelter, signposted station.
- Follow the road bearing right past the station for 2.5 miles passing through a farmyard.
- Please drive very carefully (children and dogs around)
- Go over a small bridge.
- Keep left.
- Go under the viaduct and on until you reach Llanerchindda Farm; parking is on the right
From the north:
- Take the A483 from Builth Wells (to Llandovery). -
- After about 18 miles enter the village of Cynghordy.
- Take the 1st right by the phone box.
- From here follow the directions as above.
There is also a train station 2 miles away which is on the heart of Wales line; this line runs between the main stations of Shrewsbury and Swansea.