Royal Tunbridge Wells lies at the heart of one of the most scenic stretches of countryside in England, surrounded by the unspoilt beauty of the Weald. In Georgian times this popular spa town gained a reputation as the place to see and be seen amongst royalty and fashionable members of the aristocracy.
Retaining much of the charm and elegance of its Georgian heyday, Royal Tunbridge Wells and the surrounding area remains a favoured destination for those who want to enjoy elegant surroundings in the countryside, a short distance from the hustle and bustle of London.
Tunbridge Wells is connected to London by a frequent train service taking less than an hour. The hotel is a 3 minute taxi ride or a 10 minute walk from the station.
- Tunbridge Wells is about an hour’s drive from London and Heathrow Airport, and less from Gatwick Airport.
From the M25 motorway:
- At junction 5 of the M25 turn off onto the A21.
- Take the A21 Southbound (signposted Hastings) for about 8 miles, following signs for Tonbridge and Tunbridge Wells.
- Take the A26 into Tunbridge Wells. In the town at the first mini-roundabout, turn right (signposted East Grinstead and through-traffic).
- Continue past Kent and Sussex Hospital and approximately 400 m later on down the hill, with the common on your right-hand side, the Russell Hotel is on your left on a corner (junction with Lime Hill Road).
- Turn left down the road before the Hotel (‘no through road’). At the no entry sign, turn right into the hotel car park.