The location makes the hotel a great base for your stay in Devon. The coast is just 10-miles away, Exeter is within 14-miles and Plymouth is only 25-miles away. There are several excellent golf courses within easy driving distance and the hotel is the ideal centre for walking breaks, as well as many other outdoor country sporting pursuits, such as horse riding, falconry, mountain biking and shooting.
Bovey Tracey itself is a pleasant old-fashioned country town - really not much larger than a village. It is filled with convenient amenities as well as small independent shops.
The Edgemoor Hotel is literally, as it says, "on the edge of the moor". In fact, the garden hedge is the National Park boundary. Dartmoor is actually a granite plateau formed about 400 million years ago, it includes towering granite outcrops, streams, heather and more ancient relics from Bronze Age settlements than anywhere else in Europe.
From the south.
- Take the M5.
- Join the A38 towards Plymouth.
- At the Drumbridges intersection, take the A382 towards Bovey Tracey.
- Continue straight on at the first roundabout.
- Turn left at the second roundabout (B3387) towards Haytor and Widecombe.
- After half a mile, fork left towards Haytor.
- You will find the hotel a quarter of mile further along on the right.
There is ample car parking in the grounds.
The journey is under 3 hours from Paddington London to Newton Abbot (7 miles from hotel).