- Take the A1 north and exit at junction 49 onto the A168 for Thirsk/Sowerby.
- At Sowerby, take the A19 for Thirsk and continue onto the A170 for Scarborough.
- Follow the A170, and after the Kirbymoorside you will see a signpost for 4 villages (Wrelton,Cropton, Hartoft and finally Rosedale). Turn left here and follow the road for about 7 miles.
- You will eventually drop down into the village of Rosedale. On your right you will see a pub called The Coach House Inn, on your left Rosedale Caravan Club. Take the immediate left turn after the entrance to the caravan club, signposted Chimney Bank (3% gradient).
- Cross bridge and take the sharp left hand bend.
- Follow the road for about 300 yards and the inn is on the left hand side.