From the North or East
- Leave the M5 motorway/A38 following signs for Torquay.
- At the Kingskerwell roundabout the traffic slows considerably into a single lane.
- At the next roundabout (at the English Riviera- there's a palm tree emblem on the embankment on the left) turn right onto the ring road for Paignton.
- Turn left at the second roundabout to Preston (Preston is not on the green sign, but on a white one after the green one).
- Follow the road down to the traffic lights at the junction.
- Go straight over into Seaway Road. Follow that road under the railway bridge, bearing right.
- The sea is now on your left beyond a wide expanse of grass.
- Keep going until you see the Apollo Cinemas, and Kernou Road is on the right just before the pedestrian crossing between the Spinning Wheel and another hostelry.
- The hotel is the green building on the left.
Parking is available at the hotel - please park as close as you can to the left hand side on the front of the hotel. The hotel advises you ignore the white lines, which it believes were marked to accommodate very small cars.
By train/coach (400 m):
- Leave either station and head towards Woolworths.
- Turn right towards the seafront.
- At the crossroads, turn left then and take the 1st right (ignoring the service road) into Kernou Road.
- You're still heading towards the seafront, and the hotel is on the right just around the corner.