- Follow the A127 all the way into Southend (Victoria Avenue).
- At the Victoria Plaza Roundabout (with Southend Victoria train station on your left), turn right.
- At the next roundabout, take the 2nd left into Princess Street.
- At the T-junction, turn right, then almost immediately left across the railway bridge.
- Turn left into Scratton Road.
- At the Railway Hotel, turn right into Nelson Street and follow the one-way until the crossroads, where you turn right.
- Take the 1st left and the 1st left again.
- You will now see the sea and cliff gardens on your right.
- The hotel is 100 metres on your left, opposite the statue of Queen Victoria.