From the North:
- From the A1, join the A19 just north of Gosforth.
- Travel through the Tyne Tunnel, going south, and follow the signs to Sunderland.
- Turn off the A19 onto the A184 and travel through Boldon, still going south towards Sunderland.
- Having passed the Mill garage and windmill on the right-hand side, turn left at the traffic lights.
- Follow the road straight until you come to the sea front.
- Turn right a mile up the hill and on the right-hand side is the hotel.
From the South:
- Follow the A1 north until level with Durham.
- Turn onto the A690, signposted Houghton le Spring.
- Follow the road until you reach Sunderland town centre.
- Follow signs for the A184 to Newcastle and across the Wearmouth Bridge.
- Having crossed the bridge, follow the signs for the National Glass Centre and sea front.
- The hotel will be on your left, overlooking the pier.