From the north or south:
- Take the M6 motorway.
- Exit at junction 36.
- Follow signs to Windermere. Do not follow any brown signs for Lake District peninsulas, you will be taken miles out of your way.
- On arrival in Windermere, you drop down a hill, bear left, turn left for Windermere-Bowness town centre, this is not a town just a small village, if you make a mistake, just go round again, your first landmark is the Motorworld shop on your left.
- As soon as you pass this shop, turn left in front of the Co-op mini market, you are now on Oak Street.
- Oakdene is a large, white 2-storey detached building on your right, approximately 200 yards up the street.
- Pull into one of the parking spaces provided.
- Call at number 98 for the keys (to the left of the archway).
Approximately 10 miles from junction 36, and in the village of 'ings', there is a 40mph sign and a police speed 'cash' trap. If you don't want to part with your hard earned money, do not exceed the speed limit in 'ings' village. There are no other traps in the area except on the Rayrigg Road in Bowness. If you want a complete print-out of all speed traps in Cumbria, ask on arrival and we will gladly supply one.
By train, from north or south, you must change at Oxenholme and take the sprinter train direct to Windermere, it goes no further than this. You can walk (five minutes) into the village and follow directions for car drivers or take a taxi (cost around 2.50).